An educational program for string quartet and narrator
Ady’s American Adventure is the story of a young boy who immigrates to the United States in the early 1920s on a quest to discover American music. As he makes his way from Carnegie Hall to the middle of Texas, he encounters a wide variety of music and an even wider variety of musicians! When he realizes that there is no single kind of American music, Ady learns what it truly means to be American.
Through live performances by a string quartet, the story exposes young listeners to classical music, jazz, blues, bluegrass, ragtime, marches, and Native American music.
Each packet includes individual parts for 2 violins, 1 viola and 1 cello, as well as a narrator’s score. Program duration: ca. 30-35 minutes.
- Mozart String Quartet no. 17 in B-flat major, “The Hunt” (excerpt)
- Gershwin “Fascinating Rhythm”
- Sousa “Liberty Bell March”
- Ellington “Birmingham Breakdown”
- Traditional “Drowsy Maggie”
- Joplin “The Entertainer”
- Handy “St. Louis Blues”
- Griffes “Two Sketches based on Indian Themes” (excerpt)
|Dimensions||12 × 9.25 × 0.5 in|